6 Steps to Building a Home:
Have you ever dreamed of building your own home? They may make it look easy on TV but there is plenty of work to do in order to build your own home. Here are 6 Steps to Building a Home.
1) Meet with a lender to go over your financing options. You’ll be able to see what you can afford and budget accordingly.
2) Next, you’ll need some property in which to build. Use a realtor who can help locate the right spot to start building your home.
3) Now the building experts come into play. The experts will be able to design and begin constructing your new home. For starters, you’ll need a builder, architect, excavator and surveyor.
4) With plans in hand, you’ll have to get approval from the city and appropriate permits prior to beginning the work. Your plans will need to be approved by city inspectors such as building, health, electrical and plumbing.
5) Hopefully you’ve received the green light to break ground. As you start to build you home you and your team will be doing everything from laying the foundation to adding framework then plumbing and electric and finally HVAC. Use the appropriate experts to do this work because…
6) A home inspector will evaluate everything: building, heating, air conditioning, electric, plumbing and appliances. Passing inspection means your home is in excellent condition and ready for you to move in.
Constructing your own home can be very rewarding but awfully time-consuming. The average time it takes to go through all six steps can take anywhere from six months to a year so make sure you have plenty of patience to go along with your desire to build your own home.
Leave a Comment
Looking for New Construction?
Have you Seen the Latest, Most Innovative New Floor Plans Available?