Taking holiday decorations down can be a daunting task. However, if you are armed with some organization tips it will make the process easier. Even if you’ve already stores your decorations, you can always go back through these tips to help make it easier when you decorate next year.
So that you do not get overwhelmed, take one step at a time. Break tasks down into manageable parts. Ask your family to also join in taking decorations down.
Not only will storing like items together keep things organized but will be very helpful when you get everything out the following year. Storing things by room can also be very helpful.
- Use empty Egg cartons to store small tree ornaments.
- Label your boxes and containers more specific than just “Holiday” or “Christmas”.
- Layer your tree decorations in the order you put them on the tree as you put them in the box.
- To keep tree lights and extension cords from becoming tangled, wrap them around empty wrapping paper and paper towel tubes.
- Store gift bags according to size.
- Use a clean wastebasket or tall round canister to store rolled wrapping paper.
- Using see-through, or colored containers is helpful for quickly identifying items (ie. Blue for Easter, Red and Green for Christmas, Orange for Halloween).
- After you have removed the most fragile ornaments, cover your already decorated artificial tree with garbage bags.
- Use under-the-bed plastic containers to store gift wrapping.
- Store bows and ribbons in canisters.
There are no set rules of when you must take your decorations down but setting a deadline a deadline for yourself will help keep you on track.
You don’t want to store your decorations were it would create clutter but you also do not want to store them where they are too hard to get to.
Implementing the above tips will help make things easier. Enjoy decorating for the holidays and try not to worry about taking them down and storing them.
Leave a Comment
Looking for New Construction?
Have you Seen the Latest, Most Innovative New Floor Plans Available?