When it comes to getting your dream home, the first, and most important step, is to choose the right builder. Below you will find a few very simple questions you should ask a builder before you choose to work with them. These questions will help you better understand the home building process, as well as the many different decisions you will need to make along the way.
- Do you have proper licensing and insurance?
- How long have you been in business and how many homes have you built during that time?
- What standard features come with the homes you build? What upgrades are available?
- Do you offer a warranty and what does it cover?
- Do you have models homes I can tour?
- Do you have references I can contact? Make sure the references are prior home buyers.
- Who oversees the construction of my home?
- Do you offer any energy saving features in the homes you build?
- What will determine the final price of the home?
- How long will the entire project take?
- What is the inspection process? How will any issues be addressed?
These are just a few of the many questions you should ask a potential home builder. There are of course many more you can, and should, ask. Take a minute to write down any questions you have. Use this list as a starting point and go from there.
Be sure to take your time and don't make the leap until you are comfortable. This is a very big decision and you should not take it lightly. Purchasing a home is one of the biggest investments you will make in your entire life. That's why it is so important you do plenty of research beforehand. This way you will know you are getting exactly what you are paying for.
Leave a Comment
Looking for New Construction?
Have you Seen the Latest, Most Innovative New Floor Plans Available?