It is extremely important to pick the builder that is right for you to help make your building process go as smoothly and pleasant as possible to end up with your dream home. There are many questions that you should be asking the builder. The following are 15 things that will help you choose the best builder:
- How and when can upgrades or changes be made before and during construction?
- How long will take for the completion of my home?
- Can I provide my own plans or do you only build from your plans?
- Who should I contact with questions and who will be overseeing the construction?
- Are you Licensed and Insured?
- What type of warranty are you able to offer?
- How many homes have you built and how many years have you been in business?
- Do you have any references that you can give me from previous buyers? Do you have any model homes that I can go through or set up an appointment to go through another customers home?
- How would you compare yourself to your competition and what are the most important benefits that your homes have?
- What standard features, options and upgrades do I have to choose from?
- Can you tell me the major energy-saving features that your homes have?
- When and how will the final price be determined for my home?
- If the community has an Architectural Review Committee and/or Home Owners Association, can you get me a copy of the fees and rules?
- Will I have access to my home during the build and how often?
- In order to address any matters or issues, are there key points during the construction and final walk-through for my inspection?
You will need to ask more questions that are suited to your situation but these are just some key questions to get you started on your journey.
Leave a Comment
Looking for New Construction?
Have you Seen the Latest, Most Innovative New Floor Plans Available?